Sunday, December 28, 2008

We Take This Man by Candice Dow and Daaimah S. Poole

Grand Central Publishing - January 2009
978-0446501835

Reviewed by: TS
Rating: 3

This was one for the record books for sure…and not in a good way. I love these two authors but We Take This Man left a bad taste in my mouth. The writing is stellar as you would expect from Dow and Poole, but the subject matter . . . well let's just say I think it kind of knocks us women back a few decades. I don't want to get on my soap box, so I'll keep this review short and sweet.
Ms. Dow and Ms.Poole's collaboration was nicely written and a very cohesive story. This book takes the whole idea of "man-sharing" to the next level. The story is told from the point of view of the two women who want the same man. The story begins from Tracy's point of view, who is already married to Dwight. Next enters Alicia who falls in love with him and ends up wanting him to herself. From there things get crazy and never stop. We Take This Man is loaded with drama and will keep you reading just to see what happens. Unfortunately I was left unfulfilled at the end of the book.
Give this book a try if you're up for some controversial drama!

No comments: